Intern / Working Student Data Engineering (m/f)
- You make an impact on the business by developing data products that leverage machine learning to make our products smarter and more personalized
- You work at the cutting edge of data engineering in financial technologies - using massive banking transaction data sets & technologies such as Kafka and Elasticsearch
- You design and prototype data science approaches to improve customer segmentation, predictions and recommendations
- You support product development by designing and conducting experiments and deriving insights into user behaviour
- You support the business with day-to-day reporting needs and ad-hoc analyses
- You study computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or data science
- You have ideally gathered some initial practical experience working in a software company and are familiar with agile development processes
- You are comfortable communicating complex technical concepts in simple words, particularly around explaining the workings of your models
- You are a team player, with a strong capacity to work independently on mission critical tasks
- You are proficient in Python (Django, Pandas), SQL & are familiar with ElasticSearch
- Advanced experience with Excel & PowerPoint is a plus
- You are interested in gaining experience in machine learning, data science and Python
- You are curious and love to experiment with new technologies and use data to drive decision-making
- You get inspired, think of new ideas and like to share them with others
- You ideally have 6 months or more of time
- The opportunity to work with an excellent engineering and analytics team
- Expand your experience in machine learning using typically inaccessible banking data sets
- Gain exposure to PSD2 - the future standard of banking API
- Exposure to all levels (engineering, sales, product, C-Level) of an exciting, rapidly growing B2C Fintech
- A modern data stack: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, PostgreSQL
- Extensive individual responsibility and personal support to grow professionally
- Become part of a talented multinational team of 50 working in Berlin
- Semi-monthly OptioAcademy - our internal knowledge sharing project
- Prime office location - top floor of the city’s tallest building, the best view in Berlin!
- Various fun events (weekly team lunch, Friday after work drinks and BBQ, OptioAcademy, Meetups)
- Free educational library, breakfast, drinks and fruit to keep energy levels high
- Public transportation is on us
About OptioPayOptioPay is a payment processor with a difference. Our software increases the value of any payment received by consumers from companies, by combining bank transfers with higher value gift cards. By integrating payments to employees or customers with effective marketing, we aim to create a completely new, performance based, advertising channel. OptioPay was founded by Marcus Börner and Oliver Oster in 2014 and is located at the top floor of the Treptowers.
At OptioPay we work cross-functionally, agile and test our limits to outgrow ourselves. Our goal is to change the way how people receive and spend money. To do this, we need your talent, creativity and drive. Join our diverse, multi-cultural and inspiring team, a fun and friendly group with a multitude of talents. At OptioPay you will find an ambitious and empowering environment with a shared vision and passion. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your application with the answers of the following questions:
- Are you looking for a full time internship or part time working student job?
- If internship, is it a mandatory internship to finish your study?
- If working student job, how many hours can you work?
- How long will you be available for the internship or working student job?
We are looking forward to your application. Only a few clicks and it will be sent directly to us!