Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
- To architect, design, develop, deploy, evolve, and operate distributed systems in a DevOps way
- To be an integral part of an empowered and self-organizing team
- To actively collaborate with other engineers, product owners, domain experts and designers to deliver great outcomes
- To pair with others and review work, sharing knowledge and increasing quality across the board
- To scale our reach by integrating our platform with more banks, PSPs, insurance companies and other financial systems
- To champion continuous improvement of technology and the ways we work
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- You can build and debug reliable, high availability, secure and performant distributed services in Golang
- You care about quality and know when and how to ship code safely
- You have a solid understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux
- You can reason and drive technical decisions
- You love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making
- You get inspired, think of new ideas and like to share them with others
- A tightly knit team of experienced engineers with lots of interesting challenges to dive into
- A modern technology stack: Golang, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Extensive individual responsibility and personal support to grow professionally
- Become part of a talented multinational team of 50 working in Berlin
- Semi-monthly OptioAcademy – our internal knowledge sharing project
- Internal meetups – technical knowledge sharing events
- Prime office location – top floor of the city’s tallest building, the best view in Berlin!
- Various fun events (weekly team lunch, Friday after work drinks and BBQ, OptioAcademy, Meetups, Hackathons)
- EUR 2,000 annual training budget for conferences, books, trainings, etc.
- Free educational library, breakfast, drinks and fruit to keep energy levels high
- Your choice of hardware and software
About OptioPayOptioPay is a payment processor with a difference. Our mission is to build best-in-class value-adding financial technology services for businesses and consumers powered by banking data. OptioPay was founded by Marcus Börner and Oliver Oster in 2014 and is located at the top floor of the Treptowers.
At OptioPay we work cross-functionally, agile and test our limits to outgrow ourselves. Our goal is to change the way how people receive and spend money. To do this, we need your talent, creativity and drive. Join our diverse, multi-cultural and inspiring team, a fun and friendly group with a multitude of talents. At OptioPay you will find an ambitious and empowering environment with a shared vision and passion. We are looking forward to meeting you!
We are looking forward to your application. Only a few clicks and it will be sent directly to us!